“Trading in the direction of a strong trend reduces risk and increases profit potential.”
Buying/Selling Pressure & Trend Strength/Direction (Expo) identifies the current buying and selling pressure which easily can be compared to each other to get a feel about if the buyers or the sellers dominate the market. The indicator is also used to determine when the price is trending strongly and where there is a high probability for a pullback or trend reversal.
- Red line = Selling Pressure
- Green line = Buying Pressure
Limit Value — Trend Strength
- 0-200 — Absent or Weak Trend
- 200-400 — Strong Trend
- 400-600 — Very Strong Trend
- 600-1000 — Extremely Strong Trend (High probability for a pullback or trend reversal)The limit values can differ some from crypto/currencies/stocks/indices, you can adjust the limits so that it matches the instrument. (but in general, the standard limit works perfectly).
The indicator displays the following:
- Buy/Sell pressure.
- When you should start looking for levels.
- Trend & which strength the trend has.
- Geometric trend strength (Green/Red Triangles).
- “Heads-up” pullback/reversal – signals (Thicker buy/sell lines).
♦ Geometric trend is a unique way to calculate trend strength and does only occur in specific circumstances. When it does, the trend is extremely strong or it’s a sign of trend exhaustion. It’s always good to start looking for potential reversal points when the market is in this mode, especially if a major levels/zones are close.
♦ “Heads-up” pullback/reversal – signals identify areas where a pullback or a reversal can occur, and if this signal comes when the buying/selling pressure is above the limit value 600 a pullback/reversal is likely.
All types of oscillators produce divergences and so does Buying/Selling Pressure & Trend Strength/Direction (Expo). Divergences occur when the oscillator deviates from the trending price action. is then when the trending price makes a lower low but the oscillator makes a higher low. divergence is then when the trending price makes a higher high but the oscillator makes a lower high.
♢ ♢ The indicator is simple to understand and use. It can be used standalone or as a part of your current trading strategy. ♢ ♢
HOW TO USE
1. Use the indicator to identify buying and selling pressure.
2. Use the indicator to determine the trend strength.
3. Use the indicator to confirm the existence, or a continuation, of a trend or a trend reversal.
4. Use the indicator to identify trend exhaustion.
5. Use the indicator to identify divergences.
Subscribe to our membership
Access the Buying/Selling Pressure & Trend Strength/Direction Indicator on TradingView
“Boost” the script and add it to your Favorites! Please leave a comment if you like it!