Parametric Oscillator is an ATR based indicator that both shows the momentum in the market and overbought/oversold areas. The indicator has a price line that can be used for market timing.
This indicator is a good complement to Cumulative Delta (Expo). If you absolutely want to understand momentum and market timing, these indicators should be used together with Parametric ATR Signal (Expo).
HOW TO USE
1. Use the indicator to detect trends.
2. Use the indicator to assess the momentum in the market.
3. Use the indicator to identify overbought and oversold areas.
4. Combine the indicator with Cumulative Delta (Expo) and with Parametric ATR Signal (Expo).
INDICATOR IN ACTION
REGULAR – SCALE
• A positive trend: the candlesticks are above the midline.
• A negative trend: the candlesticks are below the midline.
• The midline can act as a support or resistance level
• The candlesticks are approaching the upper-cloud
• The candlesticks are approaching the lower-cloud
LOGARITHMIC – SCALE
• A positive trend: the candlesticks are close to the upper cloud.
• A negative trend: the candlesticks are close to the lower cloud.
• We must have a negative trend and the Price-line peak up above the midline.
• We must have a positive trend and the Price-line peak down below the midline
All types of momentum oscillator indicators produce divergences and so does Parametric oscillator (Expo). Divergences occur when the oscillator deviates from the trending price action. Bullish divergence is then when the trending price makes a lower low but the oscillator makes a higher low. Bearish divergence is then when the trending price makes a higher high but the oscillator makes a lower high.
Subscribe to our membership
Access the Parametric Oscillator Indicator on TradingView
“Boost” the script and add it to your Favorites! Please leave a comment if you like it!